Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2007

Is yes, no and no, yes or yes, yes and no, no?


This morning my 4 year old boy wanted to play a game with me. He said "daddy yes is no and no is yes". I said OK I'm game. I asked him "OK. Is that the way it's going to be?" He replied with "yes". I said "good, I was worried that things would get confusing". Now he was confused. Are you?

I immediately found a correlation in his game with post modernist thinking. The post modern types thinking evolves into believing that which is good is actually bad and that which is bad is actually good. We are told that we are not allowed to make a judgements on that which is wrong because there are no such thing as absolutes. However the mere fact that they made that statement, they are breaking their own rule. Just like my son broke his rule when I asked him if he his rule was the way it was going to be. When he said yes, according to his law, he meant no. This brought me relief knowing his law didn't apply.

The post modernist's "there is no absolute truth" rule does not apply to the real world either. It is only God's absolute truth that we can rely on because yes is yes and no is no.

No comments: