Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2007

Just a bat


When (insert favorite baseball slugger here) steps to the plate and knocks the game winner out of the park, how often do we say "what a great bat?" or "I give the bat all the credit". The bat does not then go around asking for more money and signing autographs and looking for more acolades. Let's look beyond the fact that the bat is an inanimate object but that it is just a tool used by the batter to do powerful and awesome things.

When I am living in God's will and things are going well, I lose sight of the fact that I am just a bat and God is the slugger. Without God I am just a bat and with God I am still a bat. I am only an instrument to do His good and when I take the credit I am just being foolish. Yes the bat needs to come to the came in the right shape and condition. That is my responsibility. But the great accomplishments of the bat are to be given to the Slugger.

Keep your successes in perspective and don't give an in-road to satan.

No comments: