Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another Bush 41 ingrate


I have always had the opinion that George H. W. Bush did two phenomenal things; The appointment of Clarence Thomas and The Gulf War. He also did to disasterous things; The appointment of David Souter and reneging his 'no new taxes' pledge.

I have rarely felt that Souter's opinions while on the Supreme Court were very good, especially his decision on private property a few years ago. However what this ingrate has done now simply makes me shake my head. Why is he retiring from the court now, in 2009? Why couldn't he retire in 2008 to give Bush 43 (the son of the man who appointed him) a chance at another nominee. Instead he waits a year and lets Obama get a pick.

David Souter is one of the greatest supreme court dissapointments in my lifetime and Bush 41's biggest mistake.

No comments: